Wednesday 10 August 2016

2017 Desk Calendar

I know it feels too early to be thinking about 2017 however it's really not that far away! I held my craft class over the weekend and our projects were all about using DSP. We made this little beauty - a desk calendar/post-it note holder. I have shared the measurements that I have used below. I would like to give credit to Judy May whose 2015 project I gained lots of inspiration from.  There are tonnes of suppliers of mini calendars too - you can easily search Google or Ebay.
 
These would make such great gifts to work colleagues, teachers, neighbours, anyone really! For the stamping I've used the Number of Years stamp set for the '2017' and 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP for the panels. I'm loving the new Foam Adhesive strips - perfect for adding dimension to these numbers.
 Construction tip: Add a couple dimensionals to the top corners of the square panel so that it is slightly raised - this will give your easel flap somewhere to rest on (see below pic)
 This finished size is the same as an Aussie C6 card and folds down enough to still be able to post.
 

Try making this project! 
  • Cardbase in Island Indigo cardstock - cut A4 length ways at 10.5cm
  • Score the base in half 5-7/8" and at the 3" mark
  • From the other half of cardstock cut in half at 14.9cm
  • Adhere to cardbase - only to bottom section to create easel
  • Crumb Cake Frames 
  • Cut 1 @ 9.5cm x 14cm (3-3/4" x 5-1/2")
  • Cut 1 @ 9.5cm x 9.5cm (3-3/4" x 3-3/4")
  • DSP Panels  
  • Cut 1 @ 9cm x 13.5cm (3-1/2" x 5-1/4")
  • Cut 1 @ 9cm x 9cm (3-1/2" x 3-1/2")
Be inspired with this colour combination, feel free to share and pin it!
Stampin' Up! Supplies - click to view online
www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=141825&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140653&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140622&dbwsdemoid=4005871
 www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=141654&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=129722&dbwsdemoid=4005871
 Here are a couple of pics from our class projects - how great did my girls do?
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project please leave me a comment I'd love to hear what you think.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/CarolinaEvans-StampinUpDemonstratorMelbourneAustraliahttp://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=120700&dbwsdemoid=4005871https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4005871

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Carolina - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great idea.. Thank you for the measurements! Where did you get the calendars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, The calendars were from a friends friend, if you search on google or ebay, I'm sure you will find them - they are such a great little item.

      Delete
  4. What a great calendar easel card.. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Will this work with 4x4" post it notes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely idea that has inspired me to give it a go. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you