Sunday 8 December 2013

December Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - Favourite 3 Colour Combo

 

 Hi everyone!

It has been a busy time in the Studio lately plus I took a well deserved holiday with my family up to the Sunshine Coast, it was just what we needed after another year full of activity and fun.
I'm sooo looking forward to sharing todays Blog Hop Card - using my current 3 favourite colour combo!
Thank you for joining me and my fellow Crazy Crafters.  We hope you enjoy our virtual hop where you will either learn great techniques for your paper crafting projects or just get inspired!


http://eepurl.com/Gac_T

You should have just left stop number 4 on the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards if so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
My current Favourite 3 Colour Combo creation, is made with some of Stampin' Up!'s newest colours - Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Smokey Slate.  For this card I have used DSP from the very beautiful Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper Pack. 


http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=130131

My inspiration for the design of the card came from a recent Kris Kringle gift. The wrapping paper is so beautiful I couldn't wait to replicate this gorgeous pattern with my favourite coloured DSP.


So, I won't hold out on you any longer, here is my December Blog Hop Card Creation!

A clean and simple look, Candy Dots add the finishing touch to this card.
Gotta love SU's Stampamajig! Swirls are from the 'Hello' Stamp in the My Friend set, featured above.
Just a closer look at the detailing

Here is an alternative card using the same look over the whole card front. 

I love lots of layers - even on small pieces like this cute card greeting using the Artisan Label Punch and the Coordinating Stamp set Label Love - which also comes as a Bundle.



 Tricks of the Trade:
Now for the nitty gritty about how I created this beautiful 'brick wall' pattern.
The best way to achieve this retro look is to cut strips of paper and to stick them onto an A4 sheet of copier paper as shown below. The Anywhere Glue Stick is perfect for coverage and getting into all the corners.

These strips are cut 1" x12"
Trim all the excess copier paper off and begin to cut strips, they can be whatever thickness you like.
Next, cut a piece of plain paper big enough to cover your card front and start glueing down all your pieces.  I have layered the pieces 1/2 way down the next 'brick'. 

  
Cut the excess and use these pieces to fill in the gaps. Trim your final piece and adhere to your card.



I hope you've enjoyed my post! Thanks so much for visiting, be sure to visit my Online Stampin' Up! Store  for all your crafting supplies and come back soon for more creations from Studio Evans!  






Crazy Crafters Favourites Blog Hop Line Up

1. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2

2. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie

3. Michelle Mills at Hello Day Cards

4. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards


5. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans - THAT'S ME!!!

6. Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena

7. Sarah Rae Oakes at Stampin' Up with Sarah

8. Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama
9. Nicole Spicer at Handmade by Nicole Spicer

10. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie


Thanks so much for visiting, be sure to visit my Online Stampin' Up! Store  for all your crafting supplies and come back soon for more creations from Studio Evans!   
The next stop is Teena Maher at Stampin with Teena, stop number 6 on the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop! http://stampingwithteena.blogspot.com/2013/12/crazy-crafters-blog-hop.html 
 

5 comments:

  1. Very clever and effective! At first I was thinking wow no way I would have to patience for all that tiling but that is a very clever way to make it simple thank you for the amazing inspiration and tips :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! Love it Carolina. What is this technique going to be called? The brick wall? The retro technique? The Art Deco Technique? So so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using bargello for a card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you